
Have I ever told you about Mindy? She is my dear sweet friend. We met in the first few days of college. Her room was next to mine. She had a tv and we didn't, so we hit it off immediately!! Also, she knew how to make raman noodles, and I didn't (yes, my mom took GOOD care of me).
Our college days included lots of prank calls, turkey and swiss bagels while watching soap operas at The Grill, passing notes in psychology, an infamous all night study session for Music and Art Appreciation in which I fell asleep during the test, and our Jr. Sr. banquet that included illegal dancing to Will Smith and meeting Steve and his nipple at the Waffle House! Who says good girls can't have fun?
Mindy was in our wedding. And she has ALWAYS stood by me. She is an encourager. She loves the Lord, and she loves me and my family. She makes me laugh and she trys to keep me up to date. My natural tendency is to let pop culture, technology, and trends pass me right by. She will not stand for that. Mindy taught me how to use and love itunes, that there is (was) a time for plazzo pants, and that The Office is the funniest show ever! She even came all the way over here to see us ( and spent a pretty penny when her luggage was overweight because she brought me peanut butter and other yummies).
Mindy, I love you so much. Your friendship has always been and continues to be such a huge blessing to me. You get me, and I love that you like me any way!!! Happy Birthday!!!! Hope its wonderful! We all love you!!!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Mindy! You are a really wonderful friend to my Elizabeth and Justin and of course the children. They all call you Aunt Mindy and love you so very much. I love you also and wish you a belated Happy Birthday. Love , Pat
Elizabeth...I JUST LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this ~ the BEST gift I got for my birthday!!!! Sorry I just now got to this ~ I've been crazy sick since last Monday. Sick on my b-day...yuck. Anyway, I am honored and overwhelmed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thanks, Pat for the birthday wishes!! I just love your family ~ they don't come any better!!!
Post a Comment