Callie's birthday is on Friday. The child is having THREE celebrations!!! I know its too much, but she's more than worth celebrating!!! Her kindergarten class will have a celebration. I am to bring a cake, something salty, and juice. Then on Friday evening we usually share a meal and have "church" with our group. I am in charge of dessert, and I'll make a cake. Then on Saturday we'll have the usual tea party style birthday party. Its sort of by word of mouth, and you can't be sure exactly who will come. Neighbors, friends, who knows.... The women sit around, talk, and eat; and the kids run around the flat like caged animals! Its fun! HA!
So, with all that the kids and I made a trip to our local bakery to order two cakes- one for school and one for the party (the other cake and rest of the food I'll have to make myself!!!). I think I understood everything that was being said. But then the nice man went to a cabinet and began pulling out special cake toppers. I was relieved when Callie turned her nose up at the graduate, but she swooned at the high heel, flowers, and plastic heart that said "Happy Mother's Day!". This ought to be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Callie has always had excellent taste! I am sure her cake will be lovely and of course interesting, as she is always very interesting. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment