Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 2, 2009

An Unexpected Gift

Well... I got my Christmas present from Satan the other day. And the great news is that it is the gift that keeps on giving! Last Sunday afternoon I came down with a cold that turned into bronchitis (self diagnosed, partially in thanks to Web MD). My dear sweet, precious husband worked his tail off nursing me back to health and taking care of the kids, the flat, and the chores.

No sooner did I turn the corner and start to feel better, than the girls both came down with fevers, the snots, etc. And now, today, Noah has started running a fever! Sweet mercy, this is fun! The best part is the cough. You know... the one that only persists when you are horizontal and desperate for sleep. Yep, the one that seizes the kids when it is too early to wake up but feels too late to go back to sleep (to them, al least- for me it is never too late to go back to bed!). And it wakes everyone up.

On the bright side, we got a lot of DVDs from my family for Christmas. They have been keeping us entertained, since I haven't left the house in a week, and Callie and Lucy haven't left since Wednesday! I heard it snowed! I did discover that staring at the computer and TV screen for a solid week makes the rest of the world sort of look blue. My vision is probably permanently scarred!

Justin, beware... it's coming for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lizzie
I love you sweet girl
my heart is with you in every way
Ramona