Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Fortress

A month ago the kids and I were out of school for 10 days for the holiday that follows Ramadan combined with our city's independence celebration. We checked the weather report for the prettiest day and headed out to this amazing fortress. We were joined by our friends and their three kids. Can I just tell you that this place was amazing! So old and peaceful. The views were stunning, and the neat feeling of adventure that comes when you visit a place with such an interesting story is captivating.

One of the things that I love about this city (and country) is the amazing history, historical sites, and ruins that are everywhere. I have never really been into history, but when you get to see and touch it first hand it comes alive. The stories feel so real, and I imagine myself in them, instead of forcing myself to plow through some boring textbook. So, anyway, here are my pictures from our adventure...

















1 comment:

Pat said...

Such a beautiful place! I see Noah had the opportunity to practice his climbing skills. Know it was fun for all. Love you, Mom