Noah's top front tooth is barely hanging on, and I am begging him to leave it in forever! To me this symbolizes another huge step away from childhood and into those awkward years that end when you're 25... if you're lucky.
It takes those little heads a long tome to grow into those big 'ole teeth. And by that time the hormones have kicked in. I think we can all agree it is not a pretty time! I am quite positive that hormones are the Devil's puppet strings for us!



I am mourning the growing up of my kids. I always felt
like I was born to be a mother and these kids hardly seem to need one of those anymore! Heck... Callie tells Lucy what she (Lucy) wants and then gets it for her. The poor child never gets to speak a word. She probably won't communicate with us until we've shipped Callie off to college!! And by that time there will certainly be more than a little frustration brought on by Callie's mothering skills! So, I've been replaced by a bossy (albeit adorable) 5 year old. Lovely!












So why do I simultaneously long for more freedom, yet mourn my children's growing independence? Is that the catch 22 of motherhood. You'd rather crawl in a cave and hibernate for a few years, but by the time you unpack you stuff and place it nicely on the cave shelves, you're already missing the kids!!
What is the answer? Should I just keep having babies until I have grandchildren or go insane?!?!
Oh, by the way, if you see a sweet precious baby, who thinks he's a little boy (maybe even a big one), please say, "Noah, stop growing up! It's killing your mother!!"

2 comments:
That made me so sad! I am so glad that they are growing up but way to fast!
Oh my, where have the years gone??? I remember our precious baby Noah and also the day we purchased the cute little Train Outfit for his six month picture, now he is the wonderful BIG BROTHER to two adorable little sisters. I cannot believe how they all have grown in this last year. And of course Gamma thinks they are all three wonderful. Love to each of you, Gamma
Post a Comment