
I loved the beautifully ornate painted domed ceilings in the harem of the Sultan's palace. Pictures don't do them justice!

Fancy sink, don't ya think? I doubt they found this little number at Home Depot!

Even the door throughout the palace were ornately hand painted.

Jennie and I posing a top the cradle of civilization. This waterway had more than once changed the course of world history.

The kitchen. I love soup and all, but this is ridiculous. They had a special little crane that hoisted the pots from the counter to the fire.

At one time this was the largest cathedral in the world. Once the Ottomans invaded and the people were converted they slapped some minarets onto it and it became a mosque.


A mosaic of Jesus in the former cathedral.

The washing area outside of the mosque. Before prayers, you must cleanse yourself in order for your prayers to be acceptable to God.

A simit salesman. Simits are like hot dogs in New York City. They sell them everywhere. They are like thin sesame seed bagels.

Jennie and I had to wear headscarves to visit the largest mosque in our country. It is truly awe-inspiring.

The spice pazar (market).

No comments:
Post a Comment