I love the Olympics. I don't know why, but I do. The competition, the gathering of nations, the amazing stories behind the athletes... I love it all! I always get a little teary when the athletes begin to parade in. Their excitement is so fun to watch, and the costumes are beautiful! I think it is a tiny taste of what it will be like when Jesus comes back for us! Every tongue, tribe, and nation will get to march into the Lord's presence. The glory on that day will outshine any thing we can imagine!!
This is the 3rd country in which I have been privileged to watch the opening ceremonies. I watched the opening ceremonies of the 1996 Olympics with a family in Peru. It was so fun to cheer our hearts out as the tiny delegation from Peru proudly entered the stadium. A week later I returned to Georgia. Every night Justin and I would drive into Atlanta to be part of the Olympic experience. The streets were closed off and there were people everywhere. It was so fun- like a huge, multicultural block party!
Our friends John and Lauren invited us to go to the gold medal men's soccer match. Again- AMAZING! I don't think the fans sat down for one second during the entire match. They were jumping up and down for two hours!! I was worried that the stadium was going to come down!! That's where I learned the true meaning of the word fan!
So... hooray!!! The Olympics are here! If you're looking for me, I'll be on my couch watching the world compete!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, I was at the men's gold medal soccer game, too! How fun!
I love keeping up with you guys.
Post a Comment