
Here's a picture of me with my sweet babies on my birthday. It was two months ago, so I guess its about time I acknowledged the passing on of my youth. UGH! I miss my twenties!!
The Lord gave me a present on my birthday. The day before, we were at a big grocery store, and for the first time since we've been here we found steaks!!! Not just any old steak- T-bones. OH MY HECK!! You better believe that we bought two of those puppies! I love steak. It is probably my favorite food (well... favorite one that does not contain chocolate or cheese). We decided that twice baked potatoes and salad would be the perfect side dishes. The two were enough to feed our family, and there was even a tad left over for a yummy sandwich the next day! We have never before or after found steak anywhere! Thank you, Lord, for this little thing just for me! It made my birthday great!
Oh... and my cake! I insisted on making my own cake. I used a chocolate cake mix that my mom sent. I doctored it up and bit. Then for the frosting, I used two of the incredible awesome dark chocolate bars from Nestle and made a ganache to pour in between the layers and over the whole thing. Again, OH MY HECK. It was delightful!!
Happy Birthday to Me!!!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Happy belated birthday sweet girl
glad you had some of your favorite things to celebrate your day.Missed ya'll at the Fortney Labor day but got to eat and chat with the rest of your family and of course your brothers are as etertaining as always. Love to you all
Ramona
I'm never going to learn to check my spelling before hitting publish
its[ entertaining ]think I need to go back to school and 'I am not smarter than a fifth grader' its a new tv program and I love it
Ramona
Post a Comment