I stayed up way too late last night watching my team win its way into the quarterfinals of the (European) ChampionsLig! They went into two overtimes, and ended in a shootout! This is a big deal!! It is the first time a team from our country has gotten that far! Everyone here is ecstatic!
You know how you get the full body pat down when you go to anything in America? That is not the case here. They welcome large signs, huge, in fact. I think you get a discounted ticket if you bring a banner the size of half the stadium! As this picture shows, flares, roman candles, and other fire stuff are welcome, too!! Surprising, but fun!! The fans at all matches are on their feet, chanting and singing the entire time! My neighbor yells so loud during the matches, that even if I was crazy enough to go to bed I wouldn't be able to sleep- it is a little un-nerving!!! Well, no more than the celebratory gunfire!!
In other news, Callie has come down with the barfys all the sudden! I think it must be going around her preschool. She always gives me the report on who was out sick. I guess its her turn! Please pray for it to run its course quickly, and to stop with her!!
My language helper is coming three times a week, and it is kicking my butt!! I am so happy, because I can understand a lot more of what she says than I could just a month ago. I am trying to cram in as much learning as possible before summer comes.
Our country has a player in the NBA. Maybe you have heard of him. They worship him here! They call him the Son of Tky. Since the weather has been really beautiful lately, I have noticed that more kids are playing basketball.
Lucy loves music. Every time she hears any type of beat or music, she starts shaking her little booty and dancing. I have got to get some video of it for you!!
I have been trying to upload some video that I took of Callie "reading" in her new language. It is so cute and fun to hear her! Unfortunately, our internet speed is too slow, even though the video is only a minute long. I'll keep trying. It is worth the effort!!
That is enough rambling for now! Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment